Attention The Salvation Army -Vernon Guests:
Due to the recent pandemic regarding Covid-19, we are taking the following necessary precautions to keep all staff, volunteers, and guests safe and healthy:
- Food Hampers – we are moving to appointments only (no walk-in during the afternoons). If you need a food hamper, please call our main line at 250-549-4111.
- Waiting Times – please come only 5 minutes prior to your appointment and remain outside. Our staff will be happy to greet you there.
- Coffee – we are no longer serving coffee.
- Sickness – if you are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please stay home to prevent further spread of germs. If you need food, please call our main line to make arrangements.
- Programs – all programs are postponed until further notice. This includes: GROW, Building Blocks, Lunch with the Lord, Ready to Serve, Ladies Art Time, and Youth Group. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but the health and well-being of our community is important to us.
We remain committed to serving Vernon to the best of our ability and are hopeful that full services will return as soon as possible.
Lt’s Stefan and Tinisha Reid
Vernon BC Food Bank
The Salvation Army Food Bank in Vernon BC is a member of Food Banks British Columbia (FBBC) and an affiliated member of the Canadian Association of Food Banks. We are the only authorized Food Bank in Vernon.
Thank you to our community for your continued support. We are continually blessed by and appreciative of the time, talents and donations given to the work of The Salvation Army here in Vernon. Together, we can make a difference for those in need.
Need Food Assistance? We’re here to help!
If you need help please call (250) 549-4111 or visit us to make an appointment to see an intake worker. You are required to bring in the following information:
- Identification for each household member
- Proof of address
- Proof of rent
- Proof of income