Attention The Salvation Army -Vernon Guests:
Due to the recent pandemic regarding Covid-19, we are taking the following necessary precautions to keep all staff, volunteers, and guests safe and healthy:
- Food Hampers – we are by appointment only (no walk-in during the afternoons). If you need a food hamper, please call our main line at 250-549-4111.
- Waiting Times – please come only 5 minutes prior to your appointment. Our staff will ask a few simple questions regarding your current health and exposure to Covid-19 and will provide you with hand sanitizer and a mask.
- Coffee – we are not able to serve coffee at this time.
- Sickness – if you are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please stay home to prevent further spread of germs. If you need food, please call our main line to make arrangements.
- Programs – Please reach out to Jillian Penney or Jen Thompson to see which of our programs are currently running and how to get plugged in!
We remain committed to serving Vernon to the best of our ability and are hopeful that full services will return as soon as possible.
Lt’s Stefan and Tinisha Reid
Watch here for updates about our Thrift Store!
Vernon BC Food Bank
The Salvation Army Food Bank in Vernon BC is a member of Food Banks British Columbia (FBBC) and an affiliated member of the Canadian Association of Food Banks. We are the only authorized Food Bank in Vernon.
Thank you to our community for your continued support. We are continually blessed by and appreciative of the time, talents and donations given to the work of The Salvation Army here in Vernon. Together, we can make a difference for those in need.
Need Food Assistance? We’re here to help!
If you need help please call (250) 549-4111 or visit us to make an appointment to see an intake worker. You are required to bring in the following information:
- Identification for each household member
- Proof of address
- Proof of rent
- Proof of income